In professional Bamboo-Fusion Massage, warm pieces of bamboo of different shapes and sizes are used to provide Swedish or deep tissue massage. The bamboo sticks are made of 100% bamboo and have antibacterial properties to ward off the free radicals we encounter on a daily basis. The bamboo sticks are heated at 165 degrees and cooled down with an all natural oil, before applied to the skin.
The warmth of the bamboo melts the outer layer of muscle, allowing the therapist to work more deeply without as much pressure. For those who like deep work, the bamboo tools allow for deeper pressure than the hands alone cannot provide. For those who rather just relax and get a great massage, that too can be accomplish with the bamboo tools. The massage satisfies two major needs: relaxation and well-being.
Bamboo-Fusion offers many of the benefits of a Hot Stone massage with a few extras. Because of the size and shape of the bamboo pieces, Bamboo-Fusion massage can be deeper and more specific than the stones. Stimulation of the tissue by the bamboo sticks is believed to relieve this “sluggish state,” by dissipating the heat that results from an accumulation of toxins and poor circulation, much the same as what would occur through deep-tissue work, trigger-point activation, or various acupressure techniques.
The benefits of Bamboo-Fusion Massage include:
• Increased circulation and lymph drainage due to more surface contact
• More pressure can be evenly administered to the client’s body
• Pressure is effectively maintained for longer periods of time
• Reduces muscle tension faster with heated bamboo tools
• Allows pain free deep tissue work for bodies with lots of hair
• Aids relaxation
• Eases muscles aches and pains